Ubuntu Natty 11.04 Drivers

Nathan Murray nathan at yotux.com
Sun Jan 16 18:00:05 UTC 2011

hello:

I am testing out Natty on my laptop.  I have been reading about
restricted driver breaking compiz and Xserver.  I would like to test out
the new Xserver in the ppa that was mentioned in the list last week.  At
the present time I do not have the restricted driver for my AMD chipset
installed.  Should I be installing these driver before or during testing?

This is the first time that I have started to test out Xserver
functions.  At the present I am noticing white lines that flicker on the
left hand side where the unity bar is sitting or hiding.

thank you in advance for any help or insight.

Nathan Murray
yotux @ freenode