Touchpad Bugs

komputes komputes at gmail.com
Thu Feb 24 14:44:26 UTC 2011

I would like to notify QA and Bugsquad that there are a few bugs
concerning touchpads [1-3] not being recognized correctly. These affect
multiple users. Although these three report similar symptoms, I don't
see what keeps these bugs seperate. As well, I am not sure how one would
find out manufacturer, model or device ID of the touchpad, when it is
not being recognized by the system.

Symptoms:
-Maximum sensitivity (jumping cursor)
-Loss of synaptic-specific controls (scrolling, multiple finger tapping)
-Loss of "Touchpad tab" in mouse preferences
-"xinput list" output shows system recognizes device as PS/2 Generic
Mouse (fallback)

Having a hard time understanding what part of these bugs are different
from each other, I am reaching out to QA and Bugsquad to ask for
assistance in determining possible bug duplicates and to see if we can
get this issue assigned and corrected. Any help in this effort would be
appreciated.

-komputes

[1] http://pad.lv/359363
[2] http://pad.lv/380126