QA wiki update

Gema Gomez gema.gomez-solano at canonical.com
Wed Dec 14 16:10:00 UTC 2011

Hi Alex,

thanks a lot for this change! My feedback follows.

*Structure of the page*

I think the wiki should have a clearer structure, so we should think
about how to reorganize the text in a way that tells our story and
sounds appealing to the reader. So I propose:

== Welcome ==
<introduction goes here, let's say what you have already before "What
kinds of things does Ubuntu QA do?">

== What we do ==
<you have the list on the wiki, in my  opinion it needs a bit of reworking>

== Getting involved ==
<here we explain how to get involved in the work we are doing so things
like a link to the qa-ubuntu list, qa launchpad group are good there,
plus a link to our weekly meeting>

== Currect Activities ==
<Sounds good>

== Contact Us ==
<Sounds good too>

*Content of the page*

- I think this statement needs rewriting:
"The Ubuntu QA team is focused on developing tools, policies, and
practices for ensuring Ubuntu's quality as a distribution as well as
providing general advice, oversight, and leadership of QA activities
within the Ubuntu project."

AFAIK, we do not develop tools, we mainly use them. But we write and
develop test cases :D

- The areas in which QA is divided do not make much sense either, at
least from my perspective, maybe it was like that in the past? Need some
time to think about this one.

- What is the difference between the "Testing Team" and the "QA Team"?
We seem to have two different pages and I am not sure they are trying to
convey different messages. The paragraph starting with "We cannot leave
quality to good luck" is repeated in both.

I love the design and the icons at the top, very stylish :D

Cheers,
Gema

--
Gema Gomez-Solano        <gema.gomez-solano at canonical.com>