Test Cases Spreadsheet

Gema Gomez gema.gomez-solano at canonical.com
Thu Dec 8 11:39:01 UTC 2011

On 08/12/11 11:34, Brendan Donegan wrote:
> On 08/12/11 11:24, Gema Gomez wrote:
>> Dear all,
>>
>> after some debate in #ubuntu-testing this morning, we've created a
>> spreadsheet for everyone to share whilst we are working on the new test
>> case management system.
>>
>> Please, feel free to access it and start rewriting test cases:
>> https://docs.google.com/a/canonical.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgtV30nnv18edFQzNVB4S2duOWNOT05zaHo3S0pNekE&authkey=CMTAtuoI&hl=en_US#gid=0
>>
>> Let us know if there is any problem. If you feel some column is missing
>> of something, fix it and let everyone know in the list.
>>
>> Whenever you are done with a test case and want comments on it, set the
>> Review Status to "FOR REVIEW", we can change it to "REVIEWED" once we
>> are happy with the test case. When you have a chunk of them for review,
>> send an email with the rows of the spreadsheet you want reviewed. We can
>> coordinate the comments in the list, I think.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Gema
>>
> I just added 'Review Comments' and 'Reviewers Launchdpad ID' fields, as
> these will be necessary for co-ordinating feedback

ok, Now I understood. I think we shouldn't be coordinating the reviews
on the spreadsheet, but on the mailing list, because there may be many
reviewers and it is complicated to do like that.

Removing the launchpad id for the reviewer and leaving the Review
comments one at the discretion of the author of the test case, in case
they want to keep track of the comments there. We don't want to make
this process ultracomplicated, just make sure we have reviewed things
and the test cases look good.

Thanks,
Gema

--