Call For Testing: Upgrades to Unity

Martin Webster lists at martinwebster.eu
Fri Sep 24 20:25:20 UTC 2010

On Fri, 2010-09-24 at 17:23 +0200, Ara Pulido wrote:

> Please, if you use UNE regularly, upgrade to 10.10 now and give us
> your
> feedback. (The testing instructions are on the blog post)

I've taken the plunge this evening on my HP Mini 5102 running 10.04 UNE.
The upgrade stalled part way through the installation stage and required
a restart (after 2 hours of inactivity.) I managed to complete the
upgrade from the console using sudo dpkg --configure -a.  The most
obvious problem so far is the unwanted presence of the UNE menu
alongside the Unity menu.

I'll continue testing over the weekend. However, any pointers to remove
the old menu would be appreciated.

--
As ever,
.\\artin