QA meeting summary -- 2010-09-01

C de-Avillez hggdh2 at ubuntu.com
Wed Sep 1 20:44:42 UTC 2010

Hello all,

We have just had our weekly QA meeting at #ubuntu-quality. Here you
have a summary of what went on; full logs are available at [1]. The
meeting started at 19:00 UTC.

1. Pending Actions

No pending actions from previous meetings.

2. SRU testing -- jibel

Jean-Baptiste presented a summary of SRU work on the previous week:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/QATeam/SRUReports/2010-09-01

Last week 52 packages have been published to lucid:
* 20 packages published to lucid-updates, 5 packages published to
  lucid-security and 27 packages published to lucid-proposed

A total of 12 packages have been published to karmic:
* 4 packages published to karmic-updates, 5 packages
  published to karmic-security and 3 packages published to
  karmic-proposed

A total of 8 packages have been published to jaunty:
* 2 packages published to jaunty-updates, 5 packages published to
  jaunty-security and 1 packages published to jaunty-proposed

A total of 8 packages have been published to hardy:
* 2 packages published to hardy-updates, 5 packages published to
  hardy-security and 1 packages published to hardy-proposed

A total of 4 packages have been published to dapper:
* 1 packages published to dapper-updates, 2 packages published to
  dapper-security and 1 packages published to dapper-proposed

Thanks to aeromojito, Alexander Pas (alexanderpas),
  Andrew Gee (AndrewGee), Artur Rona (ari-tczew), Baptiste
  Mille-Mathias (baptistemm), extra_glass, DLCBurggraaff, Francisco
  Cabanas, Nigel Jones (G), Fabio Marconi (njin), Firas
  Kraïem (Bachstelze), diozka, Javier Martin (Habbit), Gabor Kelemen
  (kelemengabor), klacke, Liz Young, Lucas Nussbaum (lucas), Miklos
  Juhasz, Milan Bouchet-Valat, Tony Shadwick, Paul Elliott
  (omahn), sierdzio, Tim 'Shaggy' Bielawa, Timo Jyrinki, togume and
  Vlad Constantin for testing packages in -proposed.
[19:04:44] <jibel> As always, you can see the current set of packages
  needing testing in the -proposed queue at
  http://people.canonical.com/~ubuntu-archive/pending-sru.html . Your
  assistance in testing is always appreciated!

Additionally we briefly discussed changes to the regression-* tags
usage: it seems the current workflow is a bit confusing, and we would
like to simplify it by abandoning usage of
'regression-potential' (used for potential/confirmed regressions on
the Ubuntu release currently in development); instead we would use
'regression-release <codename of Ubuntu dev release>'. If a regression
is confirmed, then a nomination to the affected Ubuntu release is
done. Note that nominations are already used for this.

We would like feedback & suggestions about this potential change; we
feel this simple change will streamline the process, and make these
bugs palatable for triagers.

We have two URLs showing the current status of regression-tagged bugs
[2, 3].

3. Bug Day status -- pvillavi

Pedro commented to the previous BugDay work [4], and announced the
current BugDay, focusing on Empathy, to be held on 2010-09-02. [5]

4. Beta testing status -- ara

We are at the brink of releasing the Maverick Meerkat (to be Ubuntu
10.10). Testing of the ISO images is requested, and help is always
welcome. Ara noted we are in need of testing on:

* netboot (installing from Internet),
* the Netbook (which is being respinned due to a bug [6],
* and the Optional tests -- being optional does not mean "no need to
test" ;-).

5. Maverick Work Items -- marjo

Pretty fast presentation my Marjo: he provided one URL [7] and a note
that *all* remaiming work items are under the responsibility of your's
trully :-(.

6. Selection of new chair -- hggdh

By acclamation, Jean-Baptiste was selected to be the next chair meeting
to be held on 2010-09-08 at 17:00 UTC). You can add topics for this
meeting [8], if needed/wished.

7. floatsam & jetsam

On the open mic, charlie-tca noted that Software-Centre on a
brand-new installed Xubuntu (Maverick Beta) seems to require password
multiple times [9]; this is clearly not nice.

And... that's all, folks.

..C..

[1] http://mootbot.ubuntu-uk.org/ubuntu-quality.log.20100901_1900.html
[2] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/JeanBaptisteLallement/RegressionReport
[3] http://people.canonical.com/~j-lallement/regression_tracker/
[4] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuBugDay/20100826
[5] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuBugDay/20100902
[6] http://launchpad.net/bugs/627672
[7]
http://people.canonical.com/~pitti/workitems/maverick/canonical-platform-qa-ubuntu-10.10-beta.html
[8] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/QATeam/Meetings
[9] https://launchpad.net/bugs/628350

--
C de-Avillez
IRC: hggdh

This email (and any attachments) is digitally signed using GNUpg
(http://gnupg.org). The public key is available at http://pgp.mit.edu.
The key Id is 0xD3133E56.