VFD display with Ubuntu

Khairul Aizat Kamarudzzaman khairul at bis-asiapac.com
Fri Nov 12 07:31:08 UTC 2010

Hi,
I've try to attach the VFD display to Ubuntu desktop but it doesn¹t work.
Could u please suggest to us what brand n model of VFD display is supported
by Ubuntu. We using Ubuntu for our POS system. We manage to configure the
touch screen display + cash drawer and receipt printer.

It would be great if Canonical can recommend us the hardware suite for Point
of Sales using Ubuntu.

Could u please check for us either VFD 450e can work with Ubuntu using
serial port since the driver provided is for Windows only?

Regards,

Khairul Aizat Kamarudzzaman
Business Development Manager
khairul at bis-asiapac.com