Maverick-changes (was Re: Hello)

Ara Pulido ara at ubuntu.com
Mon May 24 07:22:27 UTC 2010

On 05/24/2010 12:52 AM, E.B. A. wrote:
> Hello - My name is Enrico and I am new to this list. I have been testing
> software for about 10 years, mainly in the aerospace field.
> I'd like to be helpful as much as I can.
> I already installed Maverick (well, it's embryo) on a VM.
> One question: how do I know if a package is new? For example, I noticed
> the calculator (gcalctool) is different between Maverick (5.31.1) and
> Lucid (5.28.2). I was able to see the difference due to the GUI
> improvements in gcalctool. How can I know if a package is modified to be
> shipped on Maverick?

Hello!

You can use the tool rmadison (part of ubuntu-dev-tools) which will tell
you the version of a package in different releases.

It is also useful to subscribe to maverick-changes [1] mailing list,
where you receive a message every time there is a new upload to
Maverick. Please, take into account that this is a high-traffic mailing
list and you should filter its messages.

Cheers,
Ara.