Contributing to Ubuntu.

Scott Howard ssh86 at cornell.edu
Mon Mar 29 15:26:35 UTC 2010

Hello Mohaimenul,

On Sun, Mar 28, 2010 at 11:35 PM, Mohaimenul Haque Adnan
<adnan007.id at gmail.com> wrote:
> When i logged in my lunchpad account there was a message which mean to
> say, i can get more cds by contributing to ubuntu. I have joind the
> locoteam 'Bangladesh team'. But the message is still there. I also
> want to join testing team but internet connection in my country is too
> slow. Is there any way for me?

Canonical generously provides free shipping of Ubuntu CDs through this site:
https://shipit.ubuntu.com/

I believe anyone can ask for a free cd. However, since it costs money
to do that, Canonical asks that you only do it if it is really
necessary [1], and may limit you to one free CD [2, sorry I can't find
the original Canonical posting of that information].

If you'd like a larger batch of CDs, individual LoCo teams and "Ubuntu
Members" [3] can usually ask for more (since they usually have higher
impact distribution systems in place). You can ask your LoCo team if
they have some already available for you.

As for testing: the only way to beta test is to download the beta
versions from the internet (or get a CD from someone who downloaded it
from the internet). If you can't download, I don't think testing would
work since the packages are updated continuously during alpha and
beta. However, you could still report bugs through launchpad for bugs
you find using the stable releases, since it uses significantly less
bandwidth.

Regards,
Scott

[1] http://www.ubuntu.com/getubuntu/shipit-faq