ISO testing: reporting bugs on "current" versions

J dreadpiratejeff at gmail.com
Mon Jun 7 13:17:53 UTC 2010

On Mon, Jun 7, 2010 at 06:44, Byte Soup <bytesoup at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I just signed up for some ISO testing and it seems ive missed the boat on
> getting the right image now as every image reference on the tracker page
> points to one thats not there anymore:
>
> http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/qatracker/
>
> Anyway if I find a problem with a current version, whats the best way to

The same way we file bugs during ISO testing.  Via Launchpad.

The only catch is, if you do not add the bug to a result in the ISO
tracker, you need to manually add the tag iso-testing to the bug you
file in Launchpad.

Normally, if you open Bug 123456 against something during ISO testing,
and then you note that bug in your testing status and submit, the
isotracker will automagically add the iso-testing tag to bug 123456.
BUT, you only need to do this during iso testing, really.

If you find a bug, just open it as you would with any bug for any
other version at any time.

I usually put the release in the Bug subject line, something like this:

[Maverick A1]Something happened that was bad and this broke.

Then in the description, I restate that like this:

Installed Maverick Alpha 1 from the Kubuntu 64bit ISO.  During install
blah blah blah foobar.

And there ya go.

Cheers,
Jeff