Maverick Alpha 1 Netbook question

Paul Larson paul.larson at canonical.com
Wed Jun 2 17:41:56 UTC 2010

On Wed, 2010-06-02 at 12:34 -0500, Matthew Young wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I know this may sound like a bad question but I am curious on how
> someone is to get Maverick on a netbook?
> Do I need to somehow install 10.04 and then use "sudo update-manager
> -d"?
That would work, but there are more direct ways.

If you go to http://www.ubuntu.com/netbook/get-ubuntu/download select
your os, and click on the "show me how" button in step two, it will give
you step by step instructions for creating a usb stick to boot the
install/live image on.

To download the actual development images, you can go go
http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/

Thanks,
Paul Larson