Future of Ubuntu QA team in Launchpad

Ara Pulido ara at ubuntu.com
Wed Jan 20 14:53:13 UTC 2010

Hello,

During last Ubuntu QA meeting we discussed the future of the Ubuntu QA
team in Launchpad [1].

Right now is a moderated team with a high entry barrier, which turned
out to be a bit useless: no one is really moderating it and it just
confuses people.

We discussed some possibilities for the team, but we wanted to drop them
here in the list for discussion. Feel free to vote for any of them, or
add your own suggestion. The options would be:

a) Keep it as it right now (moderated team, people have to apply).
b) Open the team to anyone who is interested in QA activities, and then
redirect them to the Bugsquad or Testing team depending on their
knowledge and preferences.

During the conversation, we inclined toward B, but we want them to share
it with the rest before taking any actions.

Thanks,
Ara.

[1] https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-qa