linux firmware kit hardware databse

Vikram Dhillon dhillonv10 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 5 21:35:30 UTC 2010

On Tue, Jan 5, 2010 at 10:27 AM, Ronald McCollam
<ronald.mccollam at canonical.com> wrote:
> Hello Vikram,
>
> On Sun, 2009-12-27 at 00:40 -0500, Vikram Dhillon wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>          I looked over the linux firmware kit website and it seems to
>> be a really good idea. I am using it currently and I though it would
>> be a good idea, to maintain a hardware database of the components that
>> the firmware kit produces. Do you guys think this would be a good idea
>> and might help out the kernel team
>
> It looks to me like there's no central reporting system for the Linux
> Firmware Kit, so it's something everyone has to track results for
> independently.  Is that the case as far as your knowledge goes?
>
> I haven't poked into it in detail, but it might be something that we can
> pull some tests from into Checkbox, and thus gain some of that
> centralized tracking and reporting.
>
>  - rm

Precisely, IMHO having a central test reporting databse coule be
really helpful. It can also help people track their results and other
things they are looking for. From checkbox we can use launchpad API
and get some results out and into this new database. So how do you
think I should get started

--
Regards,
Vikram Dhillon

~~~
There are lots of Linux users who don't care how the kernel works, but
only want to use it. That is a tribute to how good Linux is.
-- Linus Torvalds