Flash testing???

irlandes brucemcgovern at earthlink.net
Fri Feb 5 02:16:35 UTC 2010

A thought which may or may not suit anyone.  For fast testing, one can
make a USB flash drive for the iso, using USB Creator in an existing
Ubuntu installation.  It may not be optimum, I don't know. I am just
starting to learn how to test, but with alpha 2 in a flash, I found a
bug adn reported it.  I realize one bug isn't much, but I had to start
somewhere. Well, I found another bug, the battery monitor bug which
makes it think there is no battery until you cycle the charger cord.
But, it was already reported.

Next, I want to test Gwenview, because 9.10, it does not always display
correctly the file name, but falls behind at times.

Flash loads up quickly, my guess is much faster than installing on HD,
not sure though.  I don't recommend Upgrade though; on both alpha 1 and
alpha 2, upgrade breaks it badly.

I don't have enough experience to know if flash is very different that
bugs will be missed. So, this is just a suggestion if you want to make
it faster.