10.10 / 11.04 error?

Robert Ian Hawdon ian.hawdon at gmail.com
Sun Dec 26 19:24:46 UTC 2010

> On Sun, 2010-12-26 at 12:56 -0600, Linden wrote:
> > On my computer I am running 10.10 but if I go to About Ubuntu on toolbar
> > its saying I am using 11.04. Is anyone else having the same on there
> > 10.10?
>
> Nice catch... yes my computer is reporting that I am running Natty
> Narwhal.
>
> ~ cprofitt

I'm running Kubuntu, and I don't think there's an "About Kubuntu" item in the
K Menu, but when I run:

cat /etc/issue

I get:

Ubuntu 10.10 \n \l

So, I'm guessing the About Ubuntu program doesn't call the /etc/issue file for
the actual version.

--
Robert Ian Hawdon (A.K.A. Dave Morrison)

Administrator & Webmaster of OP-EZY

Check out my blog: http://www.op-ezy.co.uk/~ian/

Most of my emails are signed with a PGP signature. For more
information, please visit http://www.op-ezy.co.uk/~ian/pgp/