Suggestions for ISO tracker

Steven stenten at gmail.com
Wed Aug 4 02:11:50 UTC 2010

I second this, on both items.

1) There are multiple tests per test case, i.e. the Live Session test case
has three sub-tests, each of which can be passed or failed (Live Session
Start, Live Session Finish, and Live Session Persistence). These sub-tests
should be passable or failable, not the umbrella Live Session test, in case
one is passed and another is failed.

2) "Additional instructions are available for this testcase, click here to
read them." makes it sound like it's optional to read how to perform the
tests. "Additional" should be removed. How can we provide consistent result
reports if people might not be following the same procedures?

Ideally iso.qa.ubuntu.com and testcases.qa.ubuntu.com should be integrated,
such that clicking "Live Session" on iso.qa.ubuntu.com opens another list of
testcases from testcases.qa.ubuntu.com, and clicking on these gives the
instructions from testcases.qa.ubuntu.com along with the Reporter/Last
Update/Bugs/Comments table from iso.qa.ubuntu.com below it, and the user's
report below that.

Basically instead of just having "Ubuntu Desktop i386 -> Live Session", it
should be "Ubuntu Desktop i386 -> Live Session -> Live Session Start".

This seems like an efficient solution to your points, Alex. What do you
think about it? Anyone else have any comments about this structure?

-Steven