howto report suspend failure

Pavel Kukačka pavel.kukacka at seznam.cz
Thu Apr 29 16:50:45 UTC 2010

Brian Murray píše v Po 26. 04. 2010 v 18:07 +0200:
> On Mon, Apr 26, 2010 at 12:49:41PM +0200, Pavel Kukačka wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > 	my laptop does not wake up after suspend and I would like to file a bug
> > report for that.
> > 	But I only see that the laptop doesn't do anything (the screen is blank
> > (after pressing the on/off button while suspended) and the only way out
> > is to switch off the laptop and start it from batteries, with the power
> > cable unplugged) and I consider that too few information for a bug
> > report. Do you know where should I look, what logfile to add to the
> > bugreport? It seems that it's a hardware or BIOS bug (tafkos's comment
> > on https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/308820 ).
> >
> > 	Or is it better to subscribe myself to one of these - similar -
> > issues:
> > * https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/308820
> > * https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/349980  ?
>
> Suspend and resume functionality is very much hardware dependent.  So
> unless one of those bug reports is about the exact same model laptop as
> yours it is best to file a new bug report using the command 'ubuntu-bug
> linux'.
>
> --
> Brian Murray
> Ubuntu Bug Master

Thanks for the advice; I've found the exact same laptop at bug 441330
(https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/441330), added my
description and tested also the mainline kernel.
However, the problem is somewhere deep down - I've also tried the hints
on the suspend debugging pages, that Steve suggested, but suspend is not
functioning.

Pavel Kukacka