Theme issue

Bruno Girin brunogirin at gmail.com
Tue Apr 27 18:57:25 UTC 2010

On Tue, 2010-04-27 at 17:30 +0100, Dave Morley wrote:
> On Tue, 2010-04-27 at 11:27 -0500, Matthew Young wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I notice that the Lucid default theme is darker which makes it look
> > better but when I use Skype, it is difficult to see the icon information
> > when mousing over the icon or right-clicking on the icon. Is there a way
> > to modify the theme so applications like Skype are able to be used easier?
> >
> > Thanks in advance,
> >
> > Matthew
> >
> That's an issue with skype and not ubuntu nothing can be done about it
> unfortunately.

Alternatively, you could use the Radiance theme instead of the default
Ambiance one. To do that, go to System -> Preferences -> Appearance and
select a light theme like Radiance.

Of course, changing your whole desktop theme just for the sake of a
single application is a bit over the top but considering that Skype is
not open source, if it doesn't play well with dark themes, there's
little that can be done.

Bruno