10.04 Internet Issues

Bruce Miller subscribe at brmiller.ca
Fri Apr 16 04:31:32 UTC 2010

Richard,
Look at Bug 448095. My experience with this bug is that it is somewhat inconsistent. Because of chasing down this bug plus another unrelated one, I have had to do a total of three installs of Lucid beta 64bit on the same machine. The first two daily builds from late March both bit me with Bug 448095; the third, from the first week of April, has not.

When you have Internet connectivity issues, check your /etc/resolv.conf. If it contains only two lines of comments explaining that you should not edit the file by hand and it lacks a line starting with "nameserver," then this bug is your problem. If that is the case, you should mark it "Affects me too" (there is a button to do that); any useful comments you can add will help the developers to fix the bug.

Good luck. Hope this helps.

Bruce

 --
Bruce Miller, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada