Keep a close eye on Firefox for Lucid

irlandes brucemcgovern at earthlink.net
Mon Apr 5 22:08:22 UTC 2010

I just got an automatic download for Firefox 3.6.3 on 9.10, and I tell
you it is murdered on my Dell Vostro A860 laptop.  We sure don't want
anything like that shipped on Lucid.

I will also be looking at it as best as I can.

Originally, Firefox would scroll down the page well, with Page up or
Page down, or up and down arrows.

Then, I started having problems with Digg. If the cursor touched a
"share" icon, it wouldn't move and I had to reclick the page to scroll
at all.

Then, it got worse like now. I downloaded a scroll smoother, and though
it still worked clumsily, it started working again.

Last week, when I got an update note, it changed from 3.6.2 to 3.6.3.
Since then it has been so bad I am thinking of installing Opera which
should be not needed.

I tried Smooth scroller again. I tried turning on and off auto scrolling
and smoothing, in the preferences menu.

Down arrow takes to the bottom, then it won't go up again.  Page down
moves one little jump, then you need to click the page again, then one
more little jump.

with the cursor in the up/down bar at the right, it sometimes goes up
and down, but that means when I look at a snapshot sequence, I have to
keep moving the arrow back and forth, a lot of work on a laptop with
sense pad.

Sometimes, even with auto-scrolling turned off, when I click on the
up/down bar, it takes off running all the way to the end as if I had
autoscrolling on, and nothing I do will stop it.

As I said, I will do my best on Beta, but if something like this gets
out in Lucid, we are going to get a lot of negative reviews, and a lot
of newbs are going to walk away.

As I said, I will do my best on 10.04 to make sure nothing like this
gets shipped. It is disgusting.