packaging greasemonkey scripts

Mike Rooney mrooney at gmail.com
Mon May 25 20:43:54 UTC 2009

Hello QAers,

One of the UDS sessions was about packaging the greasemonkey scripts,
so that they are both easier to install and easier to get updates for.
We decided to initially pursue compiling the scripts as a firefox
extension and then packaging that. As a first step I created an
extension that is just the karma suffix script, and I've attached it
for testing. It seems to work for me, but getting some QA is always
good! Just right-click on your greasemonkey and disable it, drag the
attached xpi on to firefox, and restart FF. Then you should hopefully
see karma suffixes, but none of the other scripts.

If this seems to work well we should figure it if we want one
extension which contains them all, or separate extensions for each and
a single metapackage for easy installation of all of them. Any
opinions there?

--
Michael Rooney
mrooney at gmail.com