Application Testing - wiki pages and QA website

Ara Pulido ara at ubuntu.com
Mon Dec 14 07:30:23 UTC 2009

Hello Scott,

Thanks for noticing this.

On 12/13/2009 11:41 AM, Scott Ritchie wrote:
> While editing the testing wiki pages I was creating a section for
> Application Testing when I noticed that
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Testing/Applications and
> http://testcases.qa.ubuntu.com/Applications appear to be two different
> things.

http://testcases.qa.ubuntu.com/Applications is a wiki and everyone can
edit it.

In fact, it is supposed to be the place to hold any written test case
(Canonical or Community driven) and I think it should be a better place
to put them.

The format to write testcases in testcases.qa.u.c is simple and it won't
be a problem for a nonprofessional to contribute.

My vote would be to see what's missing in testcases.qa.u.c and copied it
from wiki.ubuntu.com/Testing/Applications (using the correct test cases
format)

For results, in the testcases wiki we could add a /Results namespace to
add those kind of reports.

What do you guys think?

Regards,
Ara.