trouble booting 9.04rc from livecd. where do i report?

সৌৰভ পাঠক xourov at gmail.com
Fri Apr 17 21:56:02 UTC 2009

Hi,

I am trying to boot Ubuntu 9.04rc-amd64 via liveCD (USB stick) on a Lenovo
X200 laptop.  Unfortunately, I cannot boot Ubuntu.  I have been able to boot
Ubuntu 8.10-amd64 using an exact similar method.  I have used usb-creator to
prep a USB stick, which I used for both 9.04RC as well as 8.10.   Where do I

The problem with 9.04RC:  Soon (just a few seconds) after the progress bar
appears, I am taken to a screen with a initramfs prompt.  On trying to
reboot, not using apcioff in the kernel options, the progress bar appears
for a longer period, but I again get a initramfs prompt.  This time I have
additional error messages:

    [107.116068] usb 1-6: device not accepting address 10, error -110
    [107.116115] hub 1-0:1.0: unable to enumerate USB device on port 6

Thanks for your help.

Saurav