Ubuntu Testing Day

Ara Pulido ara at ubuntu.com
Wed Sep 17 15:05:03 UTC 2008

Hello all,

We are pleased to announce the first Ubuntu Testing Day[1] that will be
next Monday, September 22nd.

The Ubuntu Testing day is a special day where the Ubuntu Community comes
together with a shared goal of testing an specific set of ISO images
(Alpha, Beta, RC, Gold or Point releases). Taking the idea from the
Ubuntu Bug Day [2] we want to apply the same concepts to ISO testing.

Who can join the Testing Day?
Everyone. You don’t need to be a developer. You don’t need to know how
to code. Everyone is welcome. If you don’t know how to help, then just
stop on by and we’ll explain everything to you. In fact, one of the
objectives of the Testing Day is to help people willing to start testing
Ubuntu to make it better.

Where to join the Testing Day?
Come to #ubuntu-testing on freenode IRC. We will be there day and night
resolving your testing questions you might have. You can even ask for
help on creating new automated tests for Ubuntu!
Normal testing activity takes place in #ubuntu-testing at other times
also.

During the Testing Day we will be testing the Intrepid Alpha 6 release.
We will ensure that ISO images install correctly and that they work as
expected [3].

Also, we are in the middle of the process of cleaning our Test Cases,
and move them to a specific wiki [4]. You can help with the process and
make Ubuntu testing easier for new testers [5].

Cheers,
Ara.

[1] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Testing/UbuntuTestingDay
[2] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuBugDay/