stepping back

Stéphane Graber stgraber at ubuntu.com
Sat Sep 13 18:21:22 UTC 2008

On Sat, 2008-09-13 at 14:08 -0400, Mike Rooney wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 3, 2008 at 3:28 PM, Jordan Mantha <laserjock at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> >  My current time constraints (PhD in the works, as most of you know)
> > just aren't allowing me the time that I need to devote to all the
> > Ubuntu projects I'm involved with and love. As a result, I find that I
> > need to step back from my efforts at leading the Ubuntu QA community.
> > We've got a good thing going and I'm hopeful that QA in Ubuntu will
> > continue to become healthier, stronger, and continue to make Ubuntu
> > the best OS around. I really feel like Ubuntu needs strong,
> > community-driven QA and so I'd love to see somebody pick up where I'm
> > unfortunately having to leave off.
> >

> Sorry to see you have to step back, Jordan! Has anyone offered to pick
> up; is anyone currently "in charge" of Ubuntu-QA? I am just trying to
> get a feel for the status of this group.
>

> Mike Rooney
> mrooney at gmail.com

Hi,

Jordan is one of the administrator of the QA team and so is Brian Murray
(Canonical's bug master) and myself. I personally was quite busy
recently due to my move from Switzerland to Canada and starting a new
job, ...

The QA team still has its weekly IRC meeting and so can still be
considered as active and quite well managed. The current problem as I
can see it is that we now have a queue of people waiting for approval as
QA team members, it used to be something Jordan was taking care of.

Now that Jordan needs to reduce the amount of time he spends working for
the Ubuntu community I guess we'll need to define a good process of who
we handle those membership application so both Brian and myself can take
care of them.

Stéphane

--
Stéphane Graber