UTF encoding on Brainstorm

Primož Papič papic644 at gmail.com
Sat May 10 20:49:24 UTC 2008

**This is my first post to this mail list; I hope this is the right address
for my problem.

I have problem with UTF encoding on Brainstorm site. I used special
characters for my user name (e.g.: č and ž) which is Primož Papič
and now I cant access my dashboard to use all the new feature, it decreases
functionality of the site greatly.

The error that I get trying to access my dashboard is this:

*Warning*: pg_query()
[function.pg-query<http://brainstorm.ubuntu.com/contributor/Primo%C5%BE%20Papi%C4%8D/function.pg-query>]:
Query failed: ERROR: invalid byte sequence for encoding "UTF8": 0x8d HINT:
This error can also happen if the byte sequence does not match the encoding
expected by the server, which is controlled by "client_encoding". in *
/srv/drupal-qa-tracker/www/includes/database.pgsql.inc* on line *125*

*Warning*: ERROR: invalid byte sequence for encoding "UTF8": 0x8d HINT: This
error can also happen if the byte sequence does not match the encoding
expected by the server, which is controlled by "client_encoding". query:
INSERT INTO watchdog (uid, type, message, severity, link, location, referer,
hostname, timestamp) VALUES (15190, 'php', '<em> query: SELECT * FROM users
u WHERE LOWER(name) = LOWER(&#039;Primo&amp;Aring;&amp;frac34;
Papi&amp;Auml;�&#039;)</em> in
<em>/srv/drupal-qa-tracker/www/includes/database.pgsql.inc</em> on line
<em>144</em>.', 2, '', '
http://brainstorm.ubuntu.com/contributor/Primo%C5%BE%20Papi%C4%8D/', '
http://brainstorm.ubuntu.com/idea/8338/', '89.212.175.150', 1210451419) in *
/srv/drupal-qa-tracker/www/includes/database.pgsql.inc* on line *144*

Hope you can help me with this problem.
Thank you,
Primož Papič
     **