As per yesterday's request

Steve Beattie sbeattie at ubuntu.com
Thu Jul 31 16:17:27 UTC 2008

[Resend with right from: address, sorry for the dupe.]

On Thu, Jul 31, 2008 at 04:53:13PM +0100, Dave Morley wrote:
> On Thu, 2008-07-31 at 08:45 -0700, Jordan Mantha wrote:
> > Was there any consensus on what to do with "test case"? We can just
> > add it, but I'm a little concerned with our overloaded meanings.
>
> I personally don't think it is needed as the step to follow is basically
> the test case so I can't see the value in repeating it.  Plus most
> dev's/triagers aren't interested in going to a different site to see the
> test we were running.  So KISS rule applies here I think.

I think it's useful to provide the link to the wiki test case as a back
reference and for the developer to see/improve the steps testers are
following, if they're so inclined.

However, I suggested as a convention we just include (but not solely rely
on) including the link in the "STEPS TO REPRODUCE" section.

Thanks, Dave, for writing up the wiki page!

--
Steve Beattie
<sbeattie at ubuntu.com>