Hello!

Mike Rooney mrooney at gmail.com
Wed Jul 16 12:10:17 UTC 2008

Hello everyone!

My name is Michael. I recently applied for ubuntu-qa on Launchpad, and
it was suggested that I send out an introductory email. Currently I
(https://launchpad.net/~michael) am on BugSquad/BugControl, and do
triage work daily. I recently (just last week) set up a blog for my
Ubuntu work at http://mrooney.blogspot.com/, and I think the first
post explains my focuses well:

 "My focus in Ubuntu is on the end-user experience: making it as easy,
functional, efficient, and polished as possible, especially to novice
users. I am also recently focusing on incorporating new concepts and
paradigms into Ubuntu, to keep it on the cutting edge (for those that
want it to be)."

I also have a wiki page at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MikeRooney, which
lists some things I'd like to see in Ubuntu and would be willing to
work on.

I also run the bot EeeBotu in #ubuntu-bugs-announce, if any of you
follow that. I am hoping to have it set up with some advanced features
soon including subscribing to incoming bugs (and having them messaged
to a user/channel) based on regular expressions of any combination of
titles, descriptions, packages, et cetera, which could possibly be
useful for QA as well.

Well, that's about it. I am not an Ubuntu member yet but I am on the
list to be reviewed for the next Americas regional board meeting.
Hopefully that occurs soon as I am excited to more officially join
Ubuntu, but the next meeting is TBD.

Alright, I look forward to hearing from everyone!
Mike Rooney
mrooney at gmail.com