simplified ReportingBugs page

Henrik Nilsen Omma henrik at ubuntu.com
Fri Feb 1 16:01:02 UTC 2008

Hi,

I've spent some time simplifying
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/ReportingBugs with a focus on using
apport and making it easier to read. Please help me tighten it further
as needed.

I have probably removed a few useful bit of information in the process
but my aim was to make the page very approachable for new bug filers. It
doesn't describe everything you need to need to file good bugs but tries
to get people using the automated tools as the first option. We can add
more links with details to the 'Further reading' section. It's not so
much about providing a complete bug-filing how-to but rather trying to
lead people down the right path.

I think ReportingBugs should be the only link from
https://edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+filebug and that can in turn link on
to more detailed pages.

Henrik