Introductory Email

Jordan Mantha laserjock at ubuntu.com
Sun Aug 24 01:13:53 UTC 2008

On Sat, Aug 23, 2008 at 1:29 AM, Null Ack <nullack at gmail.com> wrote:
> G'day Everyone:
>
> This is my introductory email as part of my application for joining
> the Ubuntu QA team.
>
> I am a passionate Ubuntu user who has professional and personal
> interests in fields such as:
>
> * Test design, execution, analysis, management
> * Release processes and management
> * Problem analysis and management
> * International and Australian standards as they related to these, as
> well as common best practices

Cool.

> I have a good sense of relationship management in that I like to value
> collaboration and learning. I may have strong views from time to time,
> but I also am careful to listen and change approaches for real gains.
>
> I am interested in contributing what I can to help the effort in
> maintaining and improving the quality of Ubuntu.

Great. Do you have any particular projects you're interested in working on?

> Currently I am an Ubuntero and a bug squad member. I hope to earn
> eligibility into eventually becoming an Ubuntu member. I have put in
> allot of time into doing not so visible work, mainly in the area of
> fairly extensive tests of Ubuntu development builds. I have received
> positive feedback on these efforts, such as feedback from Sebastien
> Bacher.

Our membership policy for the Ubuntu QA Launchpad team includes
significant contribution to Ubuntu QA teams and Ubuntu Membership. I'd
like to see you work with the team (and/or QA teams such as Bug Squad
or Testing Team) for a bit longer, until you're ready to become and
Ubuntu Member. Note that lack of Ubuntu QA membership doesn't mean
you're not welcome to to contribute to discussions, meetings and QA
projects. Quite the opposite.

-Jordan