how about a Global Testing Jam?

Matt Zimmerman mdz at ubuntu.com
Fri Aug 15 13:06:42 UTC 2008

On Thu, Aug 14, 2008 at 08:12:43PM -0700, Jordan Mantha wrote:
> At this week's meeting I brought up the idea of perhaps having a
> Global Testing Jam. I was thinking about the idea of these Global Jams
> and thought that maybe ISO testing (and testing in general) would be
> another way to not only get people involved with Ubuntu, but also get
> some more widespread hardware coverage.

I like this idea, particularly if we can get LoCo teams involved.

> There's 3 main things I came up with that we need to determine:
>
> 1) When to do it. Suggestions are Alpha 5 or 6 to get as much testing in
> before the Kernel freeze or at Beta to try to pick up more people for the
> final push. Perhaps we can do both or make one a LoCo-focused Jam and
> another a Testing Day more akin to Hug Days.

This will take some preparation, so Alpha 6 might be more realistic.  On the
other hand, if we want the greatest number of eyes at once, beta might be a
good time.

> 2) Who's going to coordinate with the LoCos and oversee organizing the Jam

You might talk with the folks who organized the Global Bug Jam and see if
they can offer advice.

> 3) What documentation/wiki pages do we need? There's a fair amount of
> documentation under https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Testing but we may want a
> specific Jam page that pulls it all together and has more specific
> instructions of what we want people to do.
>
> Thoughts ?

The Global Bug Jam had one wiki page and a one-page PDF printout.

--
 - mdz