Launchpad enhancements prioritisation process

Yuriy Kozlov yuriy.kozlov at gmail.com
Wed Aug 6 17:19:22 UTC 2008

On Wed, Aug 6, 2008 at 12:39 PM, Jordan Mantha <laserjock at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> OK, here's how I would prioritize the list:
>
> 1  Package-specific reporting guidelines
> 2  Complete Activity Log
> 3  Better package name UI guidance
> 4  No more Confirmed
> 5  Me Too
> 6  Capture Distro Series When Filing Bugs
> 7  Version-tracking of bugs
> 8  Duplicate-detection inside launchpad
> 9  Flip Incomplete to New
> 10  Negated Tags in Searches
> 11  UI for submitting bugs upstream I
> 12  Code review UI
> 13  Tag Discipline
> 14  Expired bugs
> 15  Collecting Bug Statistics
>
> The rationale is to prioritize things that help people report or make
> higher quality bugs, then things that would make the QA team's job
> easier (Tag Discipline, Expired bugs for instance, for instance) or
> increase Ubuntu's QA level (Code review UI, UI for submitting bugs
> upstream I).
>
> -Jordan

How about performance?  I agree with ScottK, I think it should be high
on the list.  Waiting for pages to load constantly impedes workflow.
If you're dedicating your time to working on bugs, it just wastes
time, but since I'm usually multitasking, I tend to move on to
something else while a page loads, get distracted, and come back to it
an hour later or more.  And this applies to all aspects of using
Launchpad, for everybody.

~ Yuriy