As per yesterday's request

Jordan Mantha laserjock at ubuntu.com
Fri Aug 1 19:31:41 UTC 2008

On Thu, Jul 31, 2008 at 1:30 AM, Dave Morley <davmor2 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've thrown together a general wiki page on bug report layouts with my
> thoughts on why it's useful and what should be filled in where.  Please
> make sure it makes sense and it is usable.
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Testing/Bug-Report-Layout
>
> Feel free to make it better, but keep in mind it needs to be flexible
> there is a wide range of bugs to report using it :)

Dave, we talked a little bit about this the other day on IRC but I've
still got some questions about the larger context.

So my understanding is that you are trying to create a generic
template for use with any testing, is that right? In which case my
wanting the ISO test case included makes less sense. Would it be
appropriate to have two different templates then? One when people are
just doing general OS testing and one for when they are following
specific test cases? Besides noting the specific test case where the
bug was found, another useful bit of information would be what step in
the test case the bug was encountered.

How often would the Cause field be filled in? I would venture to guess
that the vast majority of times the tester isn't going to know what
causes a bug, they just see symptoms.

-Jordan