QA Team Schedule

Henrik Nilsen Omma henrik at ubuntu.com
Tue Nov 13 20:36:20 UTC 2007

Brian Murray wrote:
> At UDS an informational specification regarding the QA schedule was
> discussed.  Based on that discussion I have created a draft of the QA
> Schedule at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/QATeam/HardySchedule .  I've copied
> the Hardy Release Schedule and replaced the Task column with a QA Focus
> column and populated it with the areas of focus we discussed.  Before I
> disseminate this further I'd appreciate any input.

Looks very good.

 From around Alpha 5 you suggest we focus on the 'list of showstopper
bugs' (and I agree). During Gutsy we had the problem that this list grew
a bit out of control as bugs were moved over from one milestone to
another. The development team plans to follow these more closely by
asking developers to report on assigned bugs.

The QA team should play a role here in encouraging bugs to be assigned
to someone. Perhaps we should present a list of all
unassigned+milestoned bugs each week, loosely divided in to categories
corresponding to the different dev teams.

Henrik