Recommended Hardy bugs

Henrik Nilsen Omma henrik at ubuntu.com
Wed Dec 12 15:32:55 UTC 2007

Hello,

One of the QA team goals for Hardy is to present a list of key bugs that
the distro team should focus on for the release. This should include
long-standing bugs and 'popular' bugs with many subscribers or many dupes.

I'd like for us to present a list to the development community before
the holiday break. That gives the other teams a chance to digest the
information before the distro sprint in January. At that point we should
re-evaluate the list with them and settle on which will be the firm
targets for Hardy.

We should aim to cover the whole range of packages in the distro (though
chiefly in main). We are not primarily going for bugs that are already
marked as high priority and assigned to individual devs, but rather bugs
that are not as high on the radar as they should be. I imagine a list of
100-200 bugs makes sense.

This should not have to involve looking at thousands of individual bugs
to evaluate them for inclusion. We should start with some existing lists
like:

http://people.ubuntu.com/~brian/reports/gt2dups/
http://people.ubuntu.com/~brian/reports/gt5comments/
http://people.ubuntu.com/~brian/reports/gt5subscribers/

or sensible LP/bh searches and sort further from that to identify
targets. The point here is not for this to take up countless triaging
hours, but to capture some of the overview knowledge we as a team have
about the general volume of bugs. Compiling this list will be an art,
not a science - there is no perfect list or clear definition of which
exact bugs should be on it - just use you judgement.

We can discuss further how to compile and track this list at this weeks
meeting.

Henrik