The Ocelot has Landed!

satchitb at gmail.com satchitb at gmail.com
Sun Oct 16 05:34:13 UTC 2011

Canonical should either scrap the idea of CDs or else offer two downloads:
the basic and the full. All computers in the last two or three years support
USB boot, and in any case, installing or demoing Ubuntu from a USB is far
faster than a CD.

I think a user can really break an installation with ccsm if he doesn't know
what he's doing. A simpler version (I believe it already exists) should be
integrated into System Settings.

Speaking of System Settings, I am angry that the various tools that make up
System Settings aren't hidden in Oneiric's Dash. It's confusing and
aesthetically unpleasing to see so many options alongside System Settings.
They should all only be accessible through System Settings and the various
"tags" that point you to them (for example, "resolution" points you to
Monitors) should instead point you to System Settings.