The Ocelot has Landed!

R. Potter rpotter at zoncko.com
Sat Oct 15 04:55:49 UTC 2011

Personally I think it boots slower. I have also had it freeze & crash a
fair number of times while setting up. My impression was maybe it was
not handling system processes very well as I was usually doing two
things at once.

I also feel software center is fairly slow most of the time. I still
hate that I cannot (as far as I know) control the size of the Unity
launcher or the size of the icons. I really want to make icons smaller
and make room for more if I want.

All that said, I am thinking I may be sticking with 11.10 for a while. I
think overall it might not be too bad. I also like how all the system
tools/preferences, etc. are all under one location.

I also think you can see the OS X influence throughout 11.10, a bit more
than in past ones - not that I am complaining. I am a Mac user as well
and enjoy it.

- Rob