Power User Leadership

James Gifford james at jamesrgifford.com
Wed Nov 2 12:43:15 UTC 2011

Heya folks!

I'm James Gifford (as your mutt config probably told you when you got
the email ;)), and I figured I'd take a minute to talk about who the
heck I am, where I see the group going, the angle I'm probably going
to look at things, etc.

So, who am I? I'm a big Ask Ubuntu guy (forums just don't "click" for
me), a Power user (duh), IRC guy, and I'm currently quad booting
Ubuntu 11.04, 11.10 (by the time you read this, probably 12.04),
Windows 8 (ewwww) and some sort of openSUSE.

Where do I see the group going? Short term, helping tualatrix get
Ubuntu Tweak into the repositories and getting docs for power users
that are "high quality" (whatever that means) so folks don't have to
try to understand horrible docs that result in getting their system
messed up.

After that, we'll have to see what the community is interested in. :)

If after reading that you have questions, feel free to email me
privately or publicly, I will reply to any and all questions. :)

Cheers,
James Gifford