How to find name for whitelisting tray icons in natty / unity?

John Niendorf johnniendorf at gmail.com
Tue Jun 7 09:44:24 UTC 2011

Has anyone else noticed problems when adding applications to the white list?

When I add autokey-gtk I lose the ability to click on anything else in the
tray/panel.  I can access the other icons in the row of icons but only after
I click on help which is over on the left hand side of the screen.  Then if
I slide the mouse over any of the formerly unresponsive icons (clip it, the
keyboard layout indicator, the clock which opens the calendar etc.) they
open.  However, if I click anywhere else on the screen I have to go back and
click the help menu again to open any of those icons.

John