How to find name for whitelisting tray icons in natty / unity?

Rainer M Krug r.m.krug at gmail.com
Tue Jun 7 08:31:58 UTC 2011

Hi

this might be a question not worth for the power-user list, but here is it
anyway:

How can I figure out the name of the application which I have to put into
the tray-icon whitelist? I want to add google desktop, but I dsimply do not
manage to find the name of it.

I used ['all'], but it messes completely the panels up (I use two monitors
of different resolution, and the bottom one (higher resolution) only shows
half of the usual icons any more - so not an option.

Thanks,

Rainer

UCT), Dipl. Phys. (Germany)

Stellenbosch University