Ubuntu-Pakistan Urdu Word Bank

Noumaan Yaqoob y.noumaan at gmail.com
Tue Sep 5 23:54:05 BST 2006

Many Urdu translators often faced situations when they encountered English
phrases that seem impossible to be translated. There were questions about
the co-ordination among different translators group and how to maintain a
consistency throughout the journey. Which common words we should adopt and
what should be our strategy to deal with words.

At Urdu Web dot org, I have released the first beta version of Urdu Word
Bank.
http://l10n.urduweb.org/dictionary/edit.php

It is much like a wiki dictionary project where Urdu software translators
and people from other feilds can share their knowledge and experience about
translations. Suppose if you come a across the word "Copy" while translating
a text editor. And you used word "نقل" for it, we would like you to visit us
at Urdu Bank and add this translation there. Now if another user comes
across the same word and they look at the Urdu Word Bank they can find out
how other people has translated this particular word.

Please help us with this project. We are hopeful that it would serve as a
base for many translators in years to come. To make this experience easy and
extremely good we need your time and efforts.

Noumaan