Ubuntu-Pakistan Fill European Open Outsourcing Survey (and win a Nokia 770!)

Fouad Riaz Bajwa bajwa at fossfp.org
Mon Jul 31 10:32:13 BST 2006

From: Brian.Fitzgerald [mailto:brian.fitzgerald at ul.ie]
Sent: Monday, July 31, 2006 2:10 PM
To: bf at ul.ie
Subject: Open Outsourcing Survey (and win a Nokia 770!)

Free/Libre/Open Source Software (FLOSS) has in many ways revolutionised
software development. We have recently seen a new mode of outsourcing,
what we term 'open outsourcing', whereby companies seek to grow a
community of open source developers around what has typically (but not
always) been a proprietary product previously. Both the company and the
developer community have mutual expectations of each other, and if these
are not fulfilled, the initiative may not be successful.

We have derived a set of expectations for successful open outsourcing
and would like your feedback on these at

http://www.calibre.ie/survey/index.php

Pre-testing suggests that this questionnaire can be completed in about 5
minutes and you may WIN a Nokia 770 Internet Tablet.

We would be grateful if you could forward this to any other relevant
parties. We will be disseminating the research results widely (and a
copy would of course be available).

Brian Fitzgerald
EU CALIBRE Project Coordinator

                          --ooo0ooo--

Prof Brian Fitzgerald,
Frederick A Krehbiel II Chair in Innovation in Global Business &
Technology,
Lero - the Irish Software Engineering Research Centre,
University of Limerick, IRELAND
Web: http://www.csis.ul.ie/staff/bf