Ubuntu-Pakistan How to Run Live CD on legacy Machines?

Waqas Toor waqasnasirtoor at gmail.com
Mon Dec 4 10:44:27 GMT 2006

On 12/4/06, Khawar Nehal <atrc.support at gmail.com> wrote:
> That solves the problem.
>
> Get a P2 with at least 256 MB or RAM and at least an 8 GB harddisk.
yup if you want to feel the ubuntu experience you should have these
specs atleast

> For anything less first solve the Rupee financing problem.
nah ... you can try DamnSmall linux or College linux both come with
live cds and xfce as their desktops :)

> If you really need to run on 486s with 24 MB of RAM then use LTSP.
hahaha LOL ... for a newbie LTSP is going to be hell as for me too

--
Waqas Toor
member of Ubuntu Pakistani Team
waqas at ubuntu-pk.org
http://www.ubuntu-pk.org

Linux *is* user friendly. It's just selective about who its friends are.
In a world without walls and fences, who needs windows and Gates ?

http://waqastoor.weblog.pk
(Registered Linux user #424056)
ref link http://counter.li.org/