Ubuntu-Pakistan Play your part - Use Free and Open Source Software - Protect Your Families, Homes and Businesses

Fouad Riaz Bajwa bajwa at fossfp.org
Sun Dec 25 10:40:13 GMT 2005

Are 83%-98% of Pakistanis thieves? UNKNOWINGLY

Are you Safe?
Ever wondered that all those people that use Microsoft Windows Operating
System and MS Office Tools may be committing a serious crime unknowingly?
How? Well when you bought your un-branded Desktop Personal Computers, did
you pay an extra Rs.7000-18000 for the operating system and office tools?
Evidently not unless you belong to a very rich family or business group!

Are you committing a serious crime?
You are well aware that Pakistan has signed the WTO Agreement under which
Pakistan will honor and protect intellectual property rights in global trade
thus companies and individuals involved in trading/exporting business
activities need to fulfill this requirement and what happens when the
international community finds out that almost 98% of Pakistanis are using
pirated software at their homes, offices, universities etc...TRADE
EMBARGOES! Means no business opportunities for Pakistan!

Pakistan’s global reputation at stake?
Not only that, when universities and colleges are using pirated software to
train our students on IT literacy, they are producing more software pirates
and thieves and that is why preference for Pakistanis Human Resource for
overseas jobs is decreasing at a very fast rate. They say we are from a
nation that uses Pirated Software and does not protect Intellectual
Property. Are we all a part of destroying our nation’s reputation globally?
First political instability, unlawfulness, then terrorism and now Software
Piracy, what are we doing with ourselves and our country?

A Federal Pakistani Law you are unaware of?
What if one day your home or offices were raided by the Federal
Investigation Authority (FIA) accompanied by the Business Software Alliance
(BSA), your computer machines confiscated, offices sealed, you arrested and
imprisoned for 6 months to 2 years with a fine of Rs. 200,000? Why? Because
you were unaware that the person/vendor who sold you a computer didn’t
inform you that it was loaded with a pirated version of Microsoft
Windows/Microsoft Office tools or maybe you yourself purchased a Rs.60 worth
of software on a CD from Hafeez Centre Lahore or Unicenter Karachi. Its true
that a federal law against Software Piracy exists in Pakistan and some one
who would like to play a prank on you can report to FIA or BSA and get you
in to serous trouble, if not a prank then a complaint would be enough to get
over 50 million Pakistanis in offense of the Anti-Software Piracy Law.
Read this: http://nation.com.pk/daily/nov-2004/27/bnews2.php
And this:
http://www.dailytimes.com.pk/default.asp?page=story_20-12-2004_pg7_30

Do you have an option? YES!
FOSSFP: Free and Open Source Software Foundation of Pakistan (lead by
Dr.M.A.Pasha and Fouad Riaz Bajwa) in collaboration with the Open Source
Resource Centre PSEB-OSRC at the Ministry of Information Technology,
Government of Pakistan and the United Nations help protect you from
committing a serious crime of using Pirated Software. FOSSFP stepped into
the national ICT scene when it was felt that a solid and serious initiative
in the form of an organization was needed that would educate people about
the dangers of using (unknowingly/knowingly) pirated software in their
homes, offices, shops, schools etc. FOSSFP provides you information, free
training against pirated software, an alternate license-free Operating
System, Business Tools, Internet Tools, Games, Learning Tools etc, certifies
you as Pirated Software Free Citizens and continues to protect Intellectual
Property locally as well as globally helping Pakistan do fair business and
trade with the international community. FOSSFP certifies you as a free or
open source software user and provides you with 18 months of free customer
support and updates that you are missing out with Pirated Software.

Call FOSSFP right now to HELP PROTECT YOU!
FOSSFP: Free and Open Source Software Foundation of Pakistan can help
protect you and save your computers, family members and businesses from the
dangers of Software Piracy and the best thing is you get basic training,
certification and software CDs free of cost!

You can get help from us 24/7 anytime by calling: 0333-4661290
Or
Email us at: bajwa at fossfp.org
Or
Visit our website at: http://www.fossfp.org

Where are our training centres?
FOSSFP currently has training centres in Lahore and Karachi but if you are
willing to tip in and support the National Anti-Software Piracy Campaign and
protect your friends and family, you can drop us a line and we can educate
and equip you to combat this serious and dangerous plague in our society!

Regards.
---------------------------
Fouad Riaz Bajwa
General Secretary
FOSSFP: Free & Open Source Software Foundation of Pakistan ®
FOSSAC ' 2006 Secretariat
Punjab University College of Information Technology
University of The Punjab, Allama Iqbal (Old) Campus
The Mall, Lahore-54000, Pakistan
Phone #: 92 (042) 111-923-923 Ext: 27
Cell #: 92-333-4661290
e-mail: bajwa at fossfp.org
Lahore-Pakistan.
Disclaimer:
This e-mail message is intended for its recipient only. If you have received
this e-mail in error, please discard it. The author of this e- mail takes no
responsibility for the material, implicit or explicit.