[Ubuntu-PH] Strengthening the Ubuntu Philippines Community

hard wyrd hardwyrd at gmail.com
Fri Sep 3 10:18:14 UTC 2010

We're specially interested on how the list will proceed with this idea. Us
Cagayan de Oro peeps will be on standby and will keep an eye on this
development. Let us know how we can help out.

Sir Botp Pena already created an Ubuntu-CDO group in Google Groups ahead in
anticipation.

We think further localization is a good move.

Regards!

On Fri, Sep 3, 2010 at 9:14 AM, Yolynne Medina <yolynne at gmail.com> wrote:

> This was my suggestion for the Community as posted on another thread:
>
> For the benefit of the whole community I suggest having lead contacts on
> every city of the Philippines that have an active ubuntu user in this
> mailing list, I believe this would make the community stronger and the reach
> would be wider. If there would be 2 or more users in one city, then they get
> to choose their lead contact, who would be willing to organize regular
> meetups, do follow-ups, be on top of organizing events etc etc.  a group
> have the right to choose alternate lead contact if they want.  If and when
> the lead contact will be inactive for sometime the alternate will take over
> the service of leading the group.
>
> All lead contacts of every city will then report to the Ubuntu-ph LoCo
> contact (Zak Elep) about their activities... but everybody has a voice...
> that point should be emphasized.. Leadership is a Service and not something
> to brag about.
>
> I know previously according to Dax, others have been hesitant about this,
> but considering that this community have started 5 years ago, we still lack
> organizational structure although I know the growth on the number of users
> have increased tremendously over the years.
>
> I know I still owe the Ubuntu-Ph Community some effort to re echo the
> things I have learned on Community Capacity Building when I  attended Asia
> Source 3.
>
> I'll start with this thread and let's get a consensus on this first item...
> then I'll proceed on discussing the next.
>
> I believe we need a timeline on our goals.. So can I expect people in this
> mailing list who are still active and want to get involve  in the Ubuntu
> Community pls. reply with your thoughts in 2 weeks time... after which I'll
> gather and summarize all of them. and post it again for your reference...
>

> Thank You!
>
> Yolynne

"Penguin, penguin, and more penguin !"

www.madforubuntu.com