[Ubuntu-PH] SJVN reports that "Ubuntu changes its desktop from GNOME to Unity"

Michael Lunar lunar.michael at yahoo.com.ph
Tue Oct 26 10:01:15 UTC 2010

hey...

am a newbie... just started using Ubuntu about three weeks ago. I was attempting
to install Windows7 on my laptop but for some reason I cannot. Even with a clean
install. My friend's got a 9.04 and he told me to wipe my laptop clean by
installing Ubuntu and clean install Windows7 after... didn't work!

And soooo... I got stuck with with the 9.04! BUT when the Update Manager showed
an Upgrade to 10.10, i clicked on upgrade and soon after... my laptop won't
start! Tried slipstreaming Windows... didn't work! Then I made a Pendrive
installer of Ubuntu10.04 following on-line instructions, installed it on my
laptop and have been enjoying Ubuntu since then.

I am a convert and have been showing my new OS (with the jiggling windows) to my
peers. One friend has actually installed Ubuntu using the Pendrive I created. Am
still discovering a lot of things about Ubuntu hence I joined the Mailing list.
Now... am a bit nervous about these changes you are talking about here...

Sorry... am not a full time techie (or what some call a geek), I'm an above
average Windows user and would like to be formally "doctrinized" on Ubuntu... Am
really starting to like it but am beginning to be wary...