[Ubuntu-PH] Philippines National Keyboard Layout

JC 施洗 John ᜑᜓᜏᜈ᜔ Sese 謝 Cuneta ᜃᜓᜈᜒᜆ jcjohn.sesecuneta at laibcoms.com
Mon Oct 11 14:06:08 UTC 2010

Hello again everyone,

Here's the new version with the accent symbols listed below added.  But
the way to use it is the Unicode-way (letter first, then accent after).

*To type:*
combining tilde as in "ng̃": g then AltGr+Shift+~
combining acute as in "Pahilís": i then AltGr+'
combining grave as in "Paiwà": a then AltGr+`
combining circumflex as in "Pakupyâ": a then AltGr+y (just below number
6 [which has the non-combining ^ character])

The four changes above are not ISO-based, I moved them to where I think
we're already familiar with exception of ^ which is in AltGr+y (which is
also easier to access than the number 6).

*Other changes in this version (v3.4)*
- changed all codings from XKB Keysyms to Unicode hexadecimal for
greater compatibility with non-US standard (physical) keyboard
models/designs.
- added more extra characters

To see the keymappings, just open the attached file in your favorite
Unicode text editor.

Wanted: feedbacks
Do try to use it, as in, install then type away (I suggest getting an
/ancient/ :þ Philippine book in any Philippine language).

~ JC