[Ubuntu-PH] Shutdown/Restart problem in 10.04

Stephen Piana stephen.piana at gmail.com
Wed May 26 02:10:30 UTC 2010

>Change the following line on the /etc/default/grub file:
GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet splash"

   > Change it to: GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet acpi=force"

Thanks PJ, this did the trick.

By adding acpi=force, USB storage devices will now auto mount, volume/sounds
works, shutdown/restart button now works. Did a couple of restarts &
shutdowns problems now gone.

I also tried what sir botp suggested by turning off acpi I just added
acpi=off in /etc/default/grub file: GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet
acpi=off" before using acpi=force everything seems to work except during
shutdowns where my system halts.

Thanks for the help guys.

tensai

--