[Ubuntu-PH] Proposal to submit Mailing List to Newsgroup

Dax Solomon Umaming knightlust at ubuntu.com
Thu Nov 12 22:17:08 UTC 2009

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone's interested in accessing the list via a
newsgroup client? If so, I'd like to propose that we submit this to Gmane.

Advantages
1) We'll be able to access the list via a Newsgroup client (Thunderbird,
Knode, Pan, etc) OR Gmanes' web interface.

2) We can turn off mail delivery to our account from the list, thus
making our inbox more manageable.

3) New list users wouldn't have to refer to Mailman's web archive since
thus faster access as compared to clicking on individual links.

Disadvantages
1) Past posts from the date the submission was approved will _not_ be
accessible.

2) Low-traffic list such as ours will only truly be useful after a year
or so.

3) Most Filipinos I know prefers web interface (read: Gmail/Yahoo) thus
making this move, er... trivial.

I appreciate any comments or suggestion. Thanks :)

--
Dax Solomon Umaming
http://blog.knightlust.com/