[Ubuntu-PH] ubuntu-ph Digest, Vol 48, Issue 3

Richard Bryann Chua richardbryannchua at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 5 16:10:03 UTC 2009

Hi,

What exact compaq CQ40 did you try it? I have a Compaq Presario CQ40-108TU and I was able to installed Ubuntu 8.10 smoothly. Everything works fine except for the sound. After booting up, there's always this "drum" sound.  Were you able to make the sound work?

Richard Bryann Chua

________________________________

Just want to share:

I've been using Ubuntu since 2005 and I am pleasantly surprised that
Ubuntu 8.10 automatically detected and installed necessary drivers to
a new notebook. This is a far cry from several versions ago, even
8.04.

I installed 8.10 to a new Compaq Presario CQ40 series notebook powered
by AMD's Puma. Everything worked! Fantastic!

I am looking forward, of course, to 9.04 which will be released soon.

-Tonyo

      Share Flickr photos with your friends within Messenger. Discover the all-new Yahoo! Messenger today! http://ph.messenger.yahoo.com